Archerz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dv's Axe BM guide

2 posters

Go down

Dv's Axe BM guide Empty Dv's Axe BM guide

Post  Dark_Void Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:53 am

Blademasters are a very skilled versatile class, we can tank and damage deal (DD) and are also a farily decent PvP (player v player) and an excellent PvE (player v environment) class. As a Blademaster you are free to build your character almost anyway you want. In this guide I will provide useful builds, tips, skills, etc.

Builds...

Full strength build (every 1 level)
-Stat point allocation
-Strength 4
-Dexterity 1

Thoughts on build.
-I find this build to be one of the worst Bm builds due to the fact that you have low dexterity and low vitality. You only need 3 strength each level to wield you weapons and armor and that 1 extra strength point only adds on around 5 extra damage. I suggest not ever using this build, but if you do, use axes or polearms.

Full Vitality build
-Stat point allocation (every 2 levels)
-Strength 6
-Dexterity 1
-Vitality 3

Thoughts on build.
-This is an excellent PvE build. You will find yourself having very high HP which will add to your survivability. You will be a terror in Territory Wars (TW's) due to your high HP. The one thing about this build is that your accuracy will be pitiful. Archers will be a nightmare and you will miss fairly often. I recommend this build if you dont plan on doing any PvP. I suggest using Axes for this build.

Full Dexterity build
-Stat point allocation (every 1 level)
- Strength 3
-Dexterity 2

Thoughts on build.
-The PvP bm build. You will have high accuracy and evasion and a decent critical hit rate. You HP will be very low and you will be a very easy target to kill. I suggest using Swords or Polearms for this build.

Hybrid build
-Stat point allocation (every 1 level)
-Strength 3
-Dexterity 1
-Vitality 1

Thoughts on build.
-The most balanced build available to the Bm class. Decent HP, OK accuracy and evasion. This is a very well rounded build in both PvE and PvP. The critical strike rate is decent. Archers are still a bit of a problem, you will find the skills you count on the most missing at crucial points *cough (Heavens FLame) cough* I recommend using Axes or polearms.

Final thoughts on Bm builds.
As you can see there are many ways to build up your character to suit your play style. I personally use the hybrid balanced build because i can PvP and PvE. Choose the one that suits you the best and screw what other peopls have to say. If it works for you then great. Now just be sure to never use anything other than heavy armor. I see Bm's running around in light armor and it makes me kinda sick in the stomach, they might as well have chosen an archer. If you wear arcane gear.... there is something wrong.

WEAPON PATHS.
There are 4 weapon paths you can choose from in this game. Each has its own unique skills and abilities. I will proceed to walk you through them. Please note that these will be rather short seeing as I have only built one Bm and he uses axes. So if you need help with being an axe Bm i'm ur man, i'm not so sure of the skill of the other weapon paths and it would not help anyone if i pretended I did.

Sword Path.
Swords are arguably one of the best PvP Bm weapons you can use, the skills are designed for 1v1 combat. Swords have a very balanced attack and they attack quickly. You will have high accuracy and evasion and decent spike damage. (Need more knowledge on sword path please post below)

Polearm Path.
This is the most balanced Bm weapon path. You have 2 ranged attacks, a couple AoE's, a knock back and a slow. The Bm's i've met that use these have high accuracy and evasion. This weapon path is good for PvE and PvP. (Need more knowledge on Polearm path please post below)

Fist Path.
This is a very heated topic amongst Bm's. Fist have the highest DpS (Damage per second) of all the Bm's so people argue they do the most damage overall. I wont get into that discussion here though. You as a fist user will have the weakest attack power and the least amount of spike damage. Fists are a very good PvE class due to the skill that lets them interrupt channeling, this means they can potentially serve as a secondary tank. (Need more knowledge on Fist path please post below)

Axe Path.
Stun Stun Stun Stun Stun. This is what makes an Axe Bm an elit PvE/PvP class. If done right you can supposedly Stun lock a target for 15 seconds when all you stuns are maxed and you dont miss. ( I have only done 13 seconds) Axe Bm's have the highest damage of all the weapon paths as well as the lowest. We have a string of AoE attacks that can allow us to spam them continuously without pause. Also Axe Bm's tend to be fairly fast levelers because you can kill 10 mobs in the time it takes other classes to kill 1.

Feel free to leave a post below of things i may have missed. Thank you afro
Dark_Void
Dark_Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dv's Axe BM guide Empty wow thanks DV

Post  BarakiEl Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:40 am

I have a lvl 27 BM. I haven't been playing on her much, but after reading this I want to go play with her again!
She's an axe user. I was very glad to hear about the perma stun effect of axe users. I have also been going strength on her, but I will try to go more for the balanced now I think.

Question:
Are BMs weaker than barbs? In what kinds of situations are BMs better and in what kinds of situations are Barbs better?

Thank you bounce Rock on!
BarakiEl
BarakiEl
Admin

http://juhani.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Dv's Axe BM guide Empty Barbs Vs BMs

Post  Dark_Void Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:40 am

Firstly id like to state i havent played with a barb before so i wont know exact details...
From what i know a barb has alot HP and high Defense but lacks high attack and accuracy, Basically a good tank as u know....

A BM on the other hand has average amount of HP and Defense, and has a real high melee attack, accuracy is also great depending on the weapon path you do choose... Bm can tank real good as well. not that bad actually.. Pretty much a heavy damage dealer.

2ndly id like to say iv dueled a coulple of barbs and most of the time iv won against the ones that are my level and even higher....

in closing the Axe BM is an excellent PVE PVP class!!! i did lvl 1 - 30 in two days with my BM(Dark_Void)..

If any1 has any comments or arguments or opinions feel free to share
Dark_Void
Dark_Void
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dv's Axe BM guide Empty Re: Dv's Axe BM guide

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down